Thursday, June 17, 2010

Leaving Crozet? Arriving to Bloomington?

I have a phone interview today and I'm applying for a teaching job in Bloomington, Indiana at a school that focuses on choice, writing, and hands on learning. Sounds like a dream job? I am so terrified though. I have loved my time at Crozet Elementary and working with all of my kiddos. I am so comfortable with my coworkers and knowing that they trust and know me well. They understand my jokes and my passion for teaching. But these new people - they don't know me at all. I am scared ... I am nervous that I won't be able to tell them all they need to know in 20 min. or less. I am scared that I might talk too fast and they won't understand me. I'm terrified that they might think I am not good enough for their school.

I have taught you all in some way (I hope!) and I know that there is something very special about our classroom. You all came in each day excited to learn (or maybe just excited to see what crazy things we would be doing). Is this something I can recreate next year? Do I have the energy and push to do it all again?

I will let you all know how it goes today. I will be thinking of you all as I talk about reading, writing, and all of our daily activities. Cross your fingers for me!!

Love,
Ms. Conroy

2 comments:

  1. I know you will do well on your interview.
    When you get the job (because I know you will) just do what you did with us.
    If I can, at the end of next school year I will e-mail you the part of Japan.
    One question... Is the gorilla going to be Brett's best man?
    Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason - You are too sweet! I must tell you that I GOT THE JOB!! Yay! I was so nervous and scared that I wouldn't have a class to teach next year. I really love this school - listen to this:
    The kids at this school focus on writer's workshop (what we did in our class), reader's workshop (lit cirlces and what we did in our class), and math workshop (less homework and more problem solving stuff). Then the kids take a "passions" class where the kids basically get to learn on topics that they are passionate about. How cool is that? If you're curious - this is the link to my new school:
    www.bloomingtonprojectschool.org
    Tell your mom if you guys move to Indiana you can definitely be in my class AGAIN! :)

    I am taking the gorilla now, don't tell Jake!! I think he'll need to represent UVa somehow - maybe with a Wahoo tshirt?? No he's not the best man - but he should be. I think he'd be a great dancing partner!!

    Yes please send your Japan story. I'd LOVE to read it. Tell your mom I say hi!!!

    Talk to you soon! :)

    Love, Ms. Conroy

    ReplyDelete