Wednesday, June 30, 2010

1 Truck Full of Stuff

Imagine...taking all of the contents of you room and putting them in boxes. That means books, clothes, toys, and of course shoes. Imagine...boxes and boxes and boxes containing all of those possessions. Imagine...all of the furniture you use everyday in your home. Imagine...your chairs, TV, Wii, cables, DVDs, computers, bed, blankets, and even you cocoa puffs. Imagine taking everything that you need to make your life normal - how much stuff would it be? Well if its like me, it would be a LOT!

Brett and I spent 3 hours loading a moving truck and filled it to the brim with our most prized things. We filled the truck by carefully stacking each package in the bright hope that its contents will not shatter into a million pieces. Tomorrow we drive to Indiana. According to Google Maps our trip should only take 9 hours and 30 min. However, the truck can only go a max speed of 45 mph when going up a hill - that means we will be on the road forever!!!!

I got an email today from the teacher I will be working with next year, Heather Rock, and she offered to help Brett and I unload our truck once we get into Bloomington. I can't even begin to explain how touched I am that someone I haven't even met yet wants to help unload all of my junk.

Do you all have any moving stories? What have you all done when you have had to move? What would you absolutely take if you had to move?

Will keep you all updated on our new home!

Love,
Ms. Conroy

No comments:

Post a Comment